Monday, July 2, 2007

Eye of the Beholder

The idea for this book came from the idea gallery of one of my favorite scrapbook stores. Unfortunately they no longer sell online and the nearest one is about four hours away. I love taking classes for scrapbook pages, altered art, and yes, even cards. There's nothing more fun than to sit around the crop room while gabbing, snacking, and making a fun project. Since there aren't too many inspirational or unique options here locally, I often have to settle for doing my own class kits here in my "Arts & Craps Room". Here's what I did: The small composition book is from EK Success. It's 4"x6". You can adjust this design to fit any size book though. The papers are all from Autumn Leaves and Fancy Pants. For projects that I know will get handled quite a bit, like this one, I like to use red line tape since it's extra strong and sticky. The first piece I attached was the striped piece that covers the spine of the book. It's cut to 2"x6". The two pieces of hot pink ribbon went on next. I used left over rub-ons from my stash to make the border and quote before adhering. The "O" in the word "beholder" was missing, so I just replaced it with a heart rub on from another border. This piece of blue and green paper is cut to 1.25"x6". The front piece of hot pink paper is cut to 2.5"x6", and I used my corner rounder to create the scallop. The back piece of hot pink is cut to 3.5"x6". The metal tag is from Making Memories and has a scrap piece of white patterned paper in it. The flower is a stamp from Hampton Arts and is stamped on a piece of acetate with StazOn ink. I punched holes through the flower and tag and tied the green ribbon through both before attaching them with glue dots. The three buttons are from my personal collection and are also adhered with glue dots. And...that's it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! Makes you want to open it and start writing. Pretty papers, design and I love the buttons! I'm glad you had a chance to play a little.

Marlou McAlees said...

Hi Laura, lovely to get a comment from you, many thanks, your little book is beautiful too. Stop by again : )

Marlou

Ticia said...

Awesome! I love the buttons.

Corie said...

I love it. So many colors -- you know I have a thing for colors.