Friday, June 15, 2007

Lots of Love

On my most recent order for SU I was at a loss for what hostess benefits to claim. I already had all the sets that I liked, so I took a risk and got the Simply Scrappin' kit. I didn't expect to be amazed since I'm more of a fan of the Basic Grey variety when it comes to patterned paper. I am in love! (sigh) Really, this paper is SO fun. I'm not a sticker girl so I didn't think I'd like the stickers either, but I'm in love with those too. I think I'll be creating an entire card set around this kit now. I can't wait to get the new ones that are coming out in just a couple weeks. (I just hope my pocket book is extra stretchy next month.) Here's what I did: I cut the 12"x12" sheet of Certainly Celery (green) to 8-1/2"x5-1/2" and scored it in half to make a standard A2 size card base. I used my corner rounder for the right side corners and then inked around the entire thing in Chocolate Chip. I then trimmed off a piece 1-3/4"x5" striped patterned paper, tore one long edge, and then inked it too before adhering. The So Saffron (yellow) piece is trimmed to 2-3/4"x4" and is inked too. I added brads in the corners of this piece before attaching it to the card. I stamped "Lots of Love" from the Alphabet Stew set on a 2"x2-1/2" piece of Whisper White card stock first in Tempting Turquoise and then in Chocolate Chip for a shadow effect. Again, I inked the edges before matting this onto a piece of 2-1/4"x2-3/4"piece of Chocolate Chip card stock and pierced a row of holes on the top and bottom edge before adhering both to my card front. The blue and brown ribbon are three separate card stock stickers from the Simply Scrappin' kit cut to 4-1/4" strips. Next I added white brads to the three flowers from Prima. And...that's it! PS I'd like to give a big shout out to my bloggy friend, Kristine. Check her blog out here. (That's an order!!!)

8 comments:

Corie said...

I did the same thing. I did not order the SS kit until I had no choice. Now I am hooked too. LOVE what you did with the set, can't wait to see more.

Heather P. said...

What a fantastic card... Love the design and the colors. :)

kathy said...

Great card. Great blog. Krustine sent me

Kristine said...

:) Thanks for the "shout out" -- I really love this card with the kit. I don't have that scrappin' kit, and I don't know that I've made any cards with one, but I SHOULD!! You've made it look soo easy and fun!! Love the primas too. :)

Kristine said...

The distressing on this is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Love love love the card !

Even better face to card...happy days .

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is extra cute! I love it! Love what you did with those letters, too! Funny, I faced the same dilemma with the benefits from my preorder and I did the same thing--ordered the Scrappin' Kit. I'm glad to hear you like it so much. I guess I should at least open it!

Cindi said...

awesome card!!! I love the coloprs and layout!
:)