Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Lunch Box

First of all, I want to thank all of you who left me such wonderful messages and comments on my last post. I wish I could express what your words mean to me. I hope you all have a wonderful 4th of July!!! Now, back to crafts... This is one of those projects that I started ages ago. I always thought it would end up having a name or other title of some sort along the wave line, but it just never came to me until today. I was cleaning out my craft room and while organizing all my flowers this one some how got out of the mix. This lunchbox has been sitting in my room without a face since October at least, but now "it's alive!" Here's what I did: I took one of my white Provo Craft lunchboxes and covered it in two separate pieces of the blue Chatterbox paper first. The seems are on either side of the box. To get the notch in the front for the latch, I used a circle punch. To adhere I used red line tape around the borders of each piece and a foam brush with a light layer of Mod Podge to fill in the rest. The red line will help hold it all in place while the Mod Podge dries. I also used a brayer to smooth out any bumps or air pockets. I then took two .25" strips of the striped paper and ran it through my Xyron before wrapping it around the top of the lunchbox. I did the same on the bottom but with the pieces cut to .5" wide. The wave piece was also cut out of two matching pieces of card stock. I first drew my design lightly in pencil before using an craft knife to cut out the design. I again kept the seems on the sides of the box and used a combination of red line and Mod Podge. The white circle trim is from Making Memories and is adhered using the Xyron. The blue ribbon is from Stampin' Up! and is knotted through a Making Memories ribbon slider. The white flowers are from Prima, and the two leaves are from an old bouquet. They are all adhered with a combo of glue dots and liquid adhesive. And...that's it!

4 comments:

wanda box said...

Your lunch box is so cool. I just seem to drool over these when I see one. I have yet to make one yet. I have tagged you in my blog.

Heather P. said...

This is so pretty! I love the wave of the paper, it adds such a fun element! :)

Corie said...

very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Good use of a big Prima and I love the idea of using the circle punch to cut the notch. I have some of this paper and I love it!