Thursday, July 5, 2007

Buttons

I'm on "vacation" back in Texas through the weekend. It's on of the three occasions I actually get to come home and see my family for. The other two being Christmas and Thanksgiving. This morning my mom and I headed into Austin to give Archiver's a visit. Right when we were about to turn into the parking lot the guy behind me slammed into me. Not two seconds before I made a comment about how when I put my brakes on I tend to keep my eye on the rear view mirror for the person behind me more than the person in front. I guess I jinxed us. Anyhow, the guy didn't have his driver's license or his insurance card. The cops gave us information cards to exchange, but when we called his cell later it didn't accept incoming calls. His insurance company also said he hadn't paid since March, and his policy was dropped! How about that?! Anyhow, I'm not near all of my wonderful things, so I whipped this creation out so I'd at least have a post for the day.
Here's what I did:
I always start my cards and designs with a sketch. I'm just one of those doodling people. However, my projects rarely turn out exactly like my sketches. This card is no exception. It came out much more bland than I had intended. All of the paper used on this card is from Chatterbox. I love that they have tons of different patterns that all coordinate together. The pale blue piece was the first to go down on my card front. It's cut to 2.75"x5.25". The horizontal striped piece was adhered next and is cut to 1.25"x5.25". The other striped piece is cut to .75"x5.25". I tied and attached the twill to this piece before I attached it to the card front. Finally, the buttons are attached with glue dots and are from American Crafts. And...that's it!

13 comments:

Melissa said...

Excellent card and fabulous blog! I've put you into my google reader so that I am updated when you post.

Just in case you don't post tomorrow, I just wanted to say thank you for serving our country and keeping me and my loved ones free.

Many Blessings to you and yours!

wanda box said...

Laura,
sorry to hear about your car wreck. I live in Portland, TX near Corpus Christ. You are vacationing only 3 hours from me. Small world right. Thanks for sharing your card have a great weekend.

Corie said...

OH I love this, love the buttons.

Heather P. said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you got rear-ended... Glad you're okay, though. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a heck of a deal, isn't it? Not fun at all and I'm sure sorry about your car! I do love your card, though. Nice arrangement of the buttons. Love this Chatterbox paper, too. It has such a nice linen-like texture.

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love all the buttons

Amie said...

WoW Laura,

I have just checked out all your work and it is just stunning. I will look forward to popping back and seeing what else you have been up too.

Amie

Anonymous said...

First .. I love this card with all of the "chocolate" buttons! Very fun!

Second ... what a shame that you were rear-ended, and by such a varmint no less!

Enjoy your stay here in Texas!

~Bev

Anonymous said...

What a cool card and a great use of buttons!

Risa said...

I glad that you are ok. I love brown and blue together and your card is cute also! Take care and enjoy your time with your family.:)

emilia in Taiwan said...

The blue and brown colors are perfect !!

Anonymous said...

Great card and great blog!!! Thank you for serving our country! I am sorry to hear that no one stood at the parade...so very sad...that should be one of the things people teach their children to do, I guess having said that, they should teach themselves to do it as well! Thanks for sharing...stay safe!

Marie said...

This is so cute!! I could NEVER put that many buttons on one card though, I tend to hoard things.... :)