Sunday, February 10, 2008
This is part of the four-piece project I've been working on since the blog candy game last week. It sure has been taking me a while to create lately, but I'm getting there. I blame work mostly. It's just too easy to do that. I seem to go in earlier, stay later, and miss more and more lunch breaks as time goes on. I'm so worn out by the end of the day that I just want to lay there on the couch and do nothing. It almost seems not worth it to take my uniform off when I just know I'll be back at it again in a couple of hours. You'd think being so tired that sleeping would come easier, but I've been staying up all hours of the night too. I think I need a tune-up! Perhaps the dating thing is getting to me as well. I'm tired of going on dates already. I took my profile down from the dating service too. Besides, there's someone I'm a bit sweet on. I feel like giggling just talking about it. He's super sweet and funny. And here's the best part... he actually thinks I'm sweet and funny too! Cha-ching! Here's what I did: I started with the Love Letters Kit from Making Memories that came out last year. It includes pre-printed hanging chipboard letters including L-O-V-E. Well, the O is actually a heart that you see above. I love kits, but I also love changing everything about them. I covered this piece in patterned paper from Reminisce with a heavy duty glue stick and then used a craft blade to trim the edges leaving the already attached ribbon hanger. Next, I added the big blue flowers and brad from Making Memories and tied on some fun ribbon and ric-rac from my stash. Then I used a lime green gingham fabric covered brad from The Paper Studio to attach two pink flowers and a polka dot acetate flower also from MM. The last little red flower is from Prima. I used a combination of glue dots for immediate attachment, but also dabbed Scrappy Glue around as well to ensure longevity of the project. "ooh la la!!" and "lovey dovey" went on next. They're both rub-ons from 7gypsies Next, I took a Basic Black marker from SU! and added tons of dots, lines and doodles. I then punched holes 3/4" of the way in on each of the scallops using the Crop-o-Dile. Finally, I used Stickles in Star Dust along the white stripe of the patterned paper to give it some glamour. And...that's it!