Saturday, March 29, 2008
I've had this stamp set forever now, and I just cut the rubber today. I have more than a dozen other sets that are still sitting in the box they shipped in as well. I hope to eventually get to them all, but for now I'll settle with any amount of being creatively productive. Here's what I did: I started with an A2 base in black then added a 2.5" x 4" piece of patterned paper from KI Memories "Jacks" to the bottom half. The green is the other side of the pp (Don't you love double sided?). It's cut to 3"x4". I then used my craft knife to cut a slit for the ribbon to slide through on the fold. I tied two pieces of the pink stitched ribbon (from Michael's) in a regular knot. I punched out a 1-3/8" square (SU!) and matted it with the black scalloped square (Marvy) before pop-dotting it. I then stamped the cupcake base in VersaMark onto a teal piece of embossed paper I found. The frosting is also stamped in VM. I then added heat & stick powder and dazzling diamonds (both from SU!). The candle is stamped in Yoyo Yellow (SU!). All of the cupcake parts are also pop-dotted. I then used a VersaMark marker to hand draw the flame before using heat & stick and orange glitter. (It's not in the picture, but I went back and stamped a polka dot background on the green with VM. It was just too plain for me.) And...that's it!