Sunday, May 18, 2008

Rock Climbing

So, I did it. I went rock climbing like I wanted to. I actually went twice already, and I'm getting a tad bit addicted. It's not my first time doing this, but it's been a super long time since I have. I started climbing and rappelling in the fire academy a few years ago. We were all certified in rope rescue during the five month long course. I loved it then, and apparently I still love it. I hope I can meet some other people there too. You can't rappel on your own after all. You have to have someone at the bottom on belay (to stop you from falling). I can't wait to go back again and again.

2 comments:

Estivalia said...

so cool you found something you like! :) good luck!

Marie said...

Awesome!!! I don't know if I could rock climb. I found out my first time through an obstacle course that I'm afraid of heights. Jumping out of planes I'm fine...but standing on a tall object being forced to sing a song (I'm a horrible singer) with my hands in my pockets and crossing holes in the structure wider than me - I could fit nicely through them and fall to the ground - was NOT my idea of fun. I was petrified. Good for you doing something that many can't!!!