Monday, July 21, 2008

Off to NYC Again...

Okay, I'm off to West Point again for a week. I'll share all the juicy details and pictures as usual. I'll even leave you with yet another card. I made it from the left overs from my last card. I had some printed chipboard stickers that came in my kit of the month. I thought they were pretty ugly, so I just peeled of the sticker, stuck it to some patterned paper, and filed the edges to make a new one. I'm really thinking I need to add a few random brads to the green paper or perhaps some small rub-ons here and there. I'm not sure. It just doesn't feel done. Any suggestions? I've made a few more cards, and I've even been sketching like crazy lately too. It just sucks I have to break my creative stride. Oh well, I can't wait to see the city again!

Supplies-Cardstock: Stampin' Up!, Lace Cardstock: KI Memories, Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny & Chatterbox, Chipboard: Scrapworks, Alpha Stickers: American Crafts & Carolee's Creations, Flower: Imaginisce, Piercing Template: Stampin' Up!

5 comments:

Stephanie Earls said...

I just got back from Youth Conference Saturday. We went to Western Carolina University for 3 days. It was awesome. Our service project was cardmaking for www.amillionthanks.org . The youth picked the project and we made 837cards! Have fun in NYC. I have been there a few times myself. I prefer the opposite side of New York. It is beautiful along the Finger Lakes area.

Anonymous said...

I think the card is great!! Have fun in NY!! If you MUST add something - the only thing I could even think of adding (cuz the card really is great!) is maybe a row of dark-colored brads extending horizontally (lined up with the bottom edge of the card) from the left side of your little "there" stickers letters and to the left. Maybe 5 of them? I don't know, I think it's great how it is!

Debbie - StudioBeeCreations said...

beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee so careful!!.....whoooowhooo, our PLAY DATE is coming soon!!!..miss you lots...debbie

PineyWoodsPrims~Dena said...

Hey Laura,
Love the card. Enjoy your trip and be careful!
stop by my blog when you can ok. I have some primtive blog candy to give away.
talk soon and looking forward to reading about your trip!
Blessings,
Dena

Cindi said...

awesome card!! I love the fun colors and how it came out
:)