Monday, September 8, 2008

UpDATE

This past weekend was pretty busy. I had to stay late after work on Friday for an hour just to shred mounds of paper. I was pretty antsy the whole time considering I had a date that night to get to all the way in Nashville. It's about 50 minutes from here, but I had to get de-funked from being in my Army garb all week long. Anyway, right after I took a shower, changed into something cute, did my make up, blow-dryed my hair and even curled my lashes, (which I NEVER do), he called to cancel. Boooo! He said he had some stuff to do for school, so we decided to meet on Saturday for lunch instead. Again, he called and canceled at the last minute! I couldn't let another perfectly good face of make up and a fabulous head of hair go to waste, so I packed up all my scrapbooking projects and drove into Nashville anyway. I needed to go to JoAnn's to pick up my fabulous new sewing machine. Debbie is going to give me some lessons, so I'm pretty excited. I've been stitching by hand on my cards for a while, so this will make things a ton easier and faster. On my to JoAnn's I stopped at a cute little scrapbook store that Debbie and I like to swing into every so often. I took all my projects in and showed the owners. Long story short: I'm a designer for the store now! YEAH!!!! That crappy Saturday sure did turn out a lot better than it started. That night a new guy started messaging me from one of my many dating sites. We talked for two and a half hours before it started to get too late. Before I said "good night", he invited me to church the next day for our first date. I didn't know what to think. Sure, it's a "safe" place, but really church is so personal and intimate for me. I was a little nervous and freaked out, so I said I'd think about it. The next morning I woke up to a text message from him asking me to consider it again. His sweetness defeated me, and two hours later we were at church together. I loved it! I think I'll keep going to this church even if he turns out to be a schmuck! Anyway, after church we went to lunch and talked and talked and talked until near dinner time. We went our separate ways. About three hours later I couldn't stand it anymore, so I invited him over to help me frost cupcakes. He mentioned liking them earlier, so of course I had to bake some. Gotta work it, right? This time we talked until around 0230 in the morning! Madness! Yes, I know. So then we really said, "good bye". I had to be at work in a few hours anyhow. After work today we went out to dinner and stopped at Walmart for some ice cream on the way back. We ended up hanging out until just a few minutes ago, but I'm already wishing I could see him again right now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! If I could jump up and down and squeal with excitement for you, I would...but Daniel's not sleeping well and for the moment he's quiet and maybe even asleep ;) I'm so excited though and can't wait to hear updates. You sure are brave!! I don't know if I could do the internet dating thing because every date is basically like a blind date. I mean, myabe they do actually show real pictures of themselves, but you don't really know them. I like to be in control too much for that. Oh well - good luck and let us know what happens!! If he invited you to church he's either really nice or a psychopath. I doubt the latter if you got to meet his friends there. Have a good night!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and congrats on the designing thing!! I would LOVE to do that somewhere but haven't found a store that does it around here. I guess AC Moore only does cakes now....Have fun with it!!!

jayne said...

way to go!!Sounds like the "summer blues" are going away!! Hope you show us what you do for the lss This guys sounds pretty nice, good luck!

Estivalia said...

Woo hoo, lots of good stuff! :)

And I'm sorry but after I finished resding I couldn't stop thinking about this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo

It's just so cute, because it's kinda sound of when I met my fiancé (although my thing was mostly skipping classes *wink*).

Please, please, keep us posted! :)

Michelle said...

Wishing you all the best Laura.. Be bold! But remember your amazing and worthy with or without him. Know your worth and he will see it in you. There is nothing more attractive than a confident woman. Blessings to you and best wishes.

Michelle

Karen said...

Where is the scrapbook store....i live in nashville now and they have all closed! i still drive to MIB. Would love to find one closer....of course, i will never stop going there for book club but that is about the only time i go so i tend to stock up then.

Deb Neerman said...

YAY!!!! Laura found a non-shmuck!

Hope he stays that way, my friend!!!

Enjoy!

~Hugs, Deb

Erica said...

OH this awesome. It looks like there is chemistry with you two.
I think prayers are in order for wisdom and love to blossom.

Bee's Zen Garden said...

Oh oh... That sounds pretty promising!!! :-D Somebody seems to be swept of her feet!!! :-D (I'm grinning for you here!!!) I remember when I met my hubby we would talk for hours like that, and the minute he left I just wanted to see him again! ;-)

I hope all goes well! *fingers crossed*