Sunday, December 21, 2008

Day 21: Tools

Well, all the furniture here is made out of 2x4s and plywood. We have to build it ourselves too, so often it's pretty shoddy. The bed that my room's previous tenant left was especially crappy. I didn't sleep on it for two weeks before it snapped and started bowing in the middle. I put a supply request through my chain of command so the wood shop would cut some lumber down for me and let me check out some tools, but that was over a week ago. I finally decided to go to the shop myself. All my pieces were cut on the spot. The guy even came to my room to build the bed. Sweet! I asked him to build it at my eye level, so I could put a desk and chair underneath while still being able to have head room on top. It worked out quite well. My room feels bigger already. I do have to climb on top of my tough box and then on top of my desk to get into bed, and I also managed to smack my knuckles pretty hard on the ceiling when I woke up this morning, but other than that I'd say the project is a success!

No comments: