Let's start off with a card that sticks pretty much to the color scheme of the Winter Twig collection.
I added Skylark card stock and some velvet ribbon from my stash to enhance the added color. There are so many different shades of blue in this collection you could really add any blue card stock, ribbon, or embellishments that you already have, and it would be a near-guarantee that it's a match. Love, love!
1. Start with an A2 (4.25"x5.5") card stock base.
2. Trim a piece of Winter Plaid/Mocha Java Sweater patterned paper to 4"x5.25".
3. Punch a decorative border along the bottom edge of the patterned paper, & trim off the bottom 1/3.
4. Flip the patterned paper over to reveal coordinating design, add two strips of over lapping ribbon (securing only the ends to the back of the patterned paper), and attach to card base.
5. Add decorative stitched border with sewing machine.
6. Create bow with loops of ribbon and attach with twine.
7. Slide journaling tag under ribbon and secure to card front.
8. Punch decorative border on "Happy Winter" sticker and trim to fit card front.
9. Attach pine cone embellishment under bow, and add chipboard bird with dimensional adhesive.
TIP: The sentiment sticker that I chose to use for this card was originally much too long for the balance I needed to complete my project. Don't forget that paper isn't the only thing you can trim and punch! Try your hand at adding fun borders and even punched shapes to the elements on your next project.
I hope you enjoyed the card. There are still five more days of projects coming your way.
See you tomorrow!