The little chipboard ice skates were just screaming to be played with. I immediately set them to the side when I was sorting through all my Winter Twig goodies. It wasn't until near the end of my cardmaking extravaganza that a mysterious piece of blue, green, white, and purple striped ribbon stuck to my foot. Perfect! That's how today's new color scheme was born. I have no idea where this ribbon came from unfortunately, but my guess would be Hobby Lobby.
1. Start with a 4"x5.25" piece of Pom Pom patterned paper and attach a 1.25" strip of Winter Stripe patterned paper to the left edge before adding a stitched border with lime green thread and then attaching to an A2 (4.25"x5.5") card stock base.
2. Punch a decorative border along a 2"x4" strip of Petunia card stock. Center 1.25" strip of Wood You Be Winter patterned paper over card stock strip, add decorative stitching and ribbon, and secure to card front.
3. Stamp sentiment in lower right hand corner with VersaMark and emboss with silver powder.
4. Add journaling tag and bow secured with twine and button.
5. Using screw punch & twine, lace skates, and secure to journaling tag tucking twine ends under button.
6. Cut a Pom Pom in half and glue to skate tips.
7. Add a photo corner fashioned from Winter Wishful patterned paper in the upper right hand corner.
TIP: Don't be afraid to alter or even embellish your embellishments like I did with the chipboard ice skates. I like to buy simple embellishments because they're more versatile. You can keep them as they are or take them up a notch too. Adding to beautifully simple embellishments can really make your project extra special and unique.
I hope you enjoyed today's card. There are still three more days of Winter Twig projects coming your way.
See you tomorrow!